Greetings! We hope this update finds you well and blessed!
We have had a wonderful few months back in the United States. We wanted to let you know what we have been up to since August 2012 and to let you know that God has called us back to Thailand for our next mission.During the past six months God has sent us to many places:
- Three months working with the Hopis in Arizona.
- Visiting our supporting churches and building new relationships with individuals and ministries throughout Oklahoma and Kansas.
- Raising $569.50 for our water filter campaign, which will fund 11 water filters for a village near Battambang, Cambodia. We hope to deliver the filters this summer. If we are unable to go to the village, we will send the filters with a team from Washington who will visit Cambodia in June.
- Raising awareness for sex trafficking victims in Cambodia through Agape International Missions, a ministry that brings hope and love to these beautiful women.
- Studying the Bible in YWAM’s School of Biblical Studies. I have completed studies for the books of Philemon, Titus, and Galatians, and I’m wrapping up the book of Mark. I will begin a study of Psalm next. These studies have taken me deep into the Word of God and will prepare me to teach the Bible in many capacities, including to future YWAM students, unreached people groups, and other missionaries.
So, now it’s time to return to Thailand. The girls and I have been praying together about where God wants us to be. Our thoughts and prayer time keep aligning us back with YWAM Create International in Chiang Mai, where we spent the majority of last year. We are excited to return to the many friends we made there and to join the innovative ministries of Create. I’ll be able to combine my talents in media with my love for sharing the Gospel in new and creative ways. Create International aspires to reach unreached people groups through visual aids, such as film, photography, and art. The unreached people found in these remote locations often cannot read or write, but they can understand what they see and hear through visual and oral interpretations.
Some of the projects completed this past year include the film “A Beautiful Hope” and the animated short “Coconuts” for the people of Rajasthan, India. While in Chiang Mai, we were part of a team that created culturally relevant coloring books about the Bible and distributed them to children with Hindu and Buddhist backgrounds.
Create International hosts discipleship training and media schools year round to create these outreach materials and distribute them. Our mission for the next year will be to work with these schools. We are seeking supporters to partner with us to complete this mission.
If your church or congregation does not already sponsor a mission family, or if you have a heart to grow your circle of missionary sponsorships, we are asking your congregation or group to prayerfully consider supporting our work in Thailand, either monthly or with a one-time contribution for the year. If you already sponsor us, thank you! Your contributions are helping to change nations. Our goal is to grow our support base this year in order to grow our ministries next year.
Our current needs total $3,941.15, which includes plane tickets to Thailand ($2,643.75), visa fees ($600 – changed from $240 previously sent out. We found
out recently we need to apply for a different visa than what we had last year.), and May conference fees ($697.40).
Our future needs total about $1,000 per month. This is why faithful sponsorship is so important. As missionaries with Youth With a Mission, we work voluntarily and receive no salary. Yet, we still have monthly responsibilities for the following: Housing ($300-$400), Insurance ($245), Food/Transportation ($360), and Staff Fees ($30).
We are trusting God to fulfill our needs, as he has done so faithfully for the past year and a half. As our ministries grow, so does our trust in “Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us (Eph. 3:20).”
Contributions can be made in one of three ways:
Send checks to:
Korina Dove – Missions Account
c/o ACB Bank
P.O. Box 227
Cherokee OK 73728
Tax-free contributions can be sent through:
First Christian Church
Angel Fund – Korina Dove Missions
202 S. Kansas Ave.
Cherokee OK 73728
PayPal users can send contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support and for doing your part in the Great Commission! (Matt. 28:19-20) We could not do our part without you!
Blessings! Korina, Jaynee, Justine
Would you please share a hard copy of this newsletter with your church group, congregation, or civic group? Click here to open a copy of this newsletter. Just print and share! Thank you!
1 thought on “Getting Closer to Goal”
That photo looks nice in there, Korina. Fun to think I will see you in Chiang Mai in May. May God answer all your prayers.
– Steve http://www.createinternational.com