OH, Lord, Our Lord, how majestic is your name in ALL the earth!
Proverbs 20:11-12 – “Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both.”
It’s hard to believe we’ve been in Thailand for a month and one week. So much has happened already, and we’re just getting started.
We’ve spent the last two and a half weeks in conferences gathering resources, brainstorming, praying corporately and individually, and drawing closer to God to learn more about what He is doing and what His plans are in Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific region.
Some highlights of the last three weeks include:
(Click on highlighted words for more information and available resources that you can share, too!):
- Eight new documentaries made through Create Emerge Media 2 Go for regions of Myanmar and Northern Thailand.
- Growing hearts and vision for Create International’s 20/20 Vision, a project to produce and distribute evangelistic films to the least evangelized mega people groups by the year 2020. God spoke to team leaders about producing 17 films in the next year! Scouting new locations is now taking place.
- Time spent learning, growing, and fellowshipping with each of Create International’s teams: Create India, Create Thailand, Create Perth (Australia), Create Taiwan, Create Emerge (Wollongong, Australia), 20/20 Vision (Cape Cod, Mass.), GCRC (international resource center).
- Gathering of organizations worldwide during Call2All to pray for Asia and what God is doing here.
- A vision of hope for sex trafficking victims, traffickers, prisoners, refugees, orphans, and the millions of lost and abandoned across Asia and the love God is sending to them through dedicated volunteers.
- New and improved media resources that can reach the lost in even the most remote regions of the world. Incredible! God is using Bluetooth, WiFi, and the Internet in the most amazing ways.
- Staff gathering to share connections, new ideas, God’s vision. Monday we begin to put faith into action at Create International-Thailand!
ON THE HOME FRONT
The girls are getting connected with old friends and meeting new friends. The great thing about Chiang Mai is that there is no shortage of kids! The last four days of conferences served as sort of a “mini-camp” for children. Every day the girls would come home to tell me about the Bible lessons, prayers, fellowship time, visions, and FUN they had during the conferences. As we used to love to say in the newspaper industry … “and a good time was had by all!”
The girls’ most recent mercy mission came in the form of starving kittens they found abandoned behind a restaurant. The kittens are living outside our house, and we have been feeding them and loving on them. We took them on their first trip to the vet this week. They were treated for fleas, ear mites, and worms. Already they are thriving and growing. The girls have named them Ginger (orange male) and Pepper (gray female).
I love taking morning walks in our quiet neighborhood. All around us God’s beauty is present! I see gorgeous blossoms, mango trees, and beautiful Thai people getting ready for the day. I smell jasmine and all the flavors of traditional Thai foods being prepared in the dozens of food stands and restaurants around the block. I often see monks walking through neighborhoods to gather their food for the day. The monks must get an early start as they are not allowed to eat meals after noon. Their days generally begin around 4 a.m. with chanting before they head out to local homes and restaurants to receive their meals. As you can see in these photos, most monks make their morning treks barefoot through the city streets. Locals are blessed by the monks for providing food for them. This is a worthy act of kindness for Buddhists.
PRAYERS AND PRAISES
- We found permanent housing! Not only did we find a house, but God answered prayers in providing us a house just behind the office. This saves GREATLY on transportation and time. We already are staying in a home in the neighborhood, so moving will be convenient. We are scheduled to move June 11. Please pray for easy transition and favor with our landlord (who is a lovely Thai woman) in signing paperwork, paying deposits, etc.
- Success and protection over recent outreaches to Myanmar and Northern Thailand. What inspiration our teams found in these locations. God is truly working in these areas. Praise the One who provides faithful hands and hearts and gives strength to those who put themselves in danger every day to share God’s love with others who think there is no hope. Please pray for continued protection and multiplication in these areas of oppression and violence.
- Two Discipleship Training Schools almost finished! On completion of both schools in Thailand and India, 15 individuals will be commissioned to fulfill Jesus’ command to go and disciple all nations. Just think of the multiplication God can accomplish in these 15 obedient men and women! Please pray these disciples will hear God’s calling clearly as they continue walking the narrow path God has laid out for them.
- Justine is turning 10 on Monday! Please pray for her as she hits this double-digit milestone. Both the girls are becoming young ladies. Please pray for each of them as they cross the threshold into maturity. Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide them and for their hearts and ears to be open to hear that guidance. Also, please pray for Justine as she is having some lower back pain. The pain comes and goes and is not debilitating, but it has been bothersome to her. She usually complains about it when she stands or sits for long periods of time, or when she plays extra hard. So, I think it is just “growing pains,” but I will take her to the doctor next week to have it checked. Pray for a clean bill of health for her.
Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I hope this update finds you blessed and joyous in all things.
Until next time,
Korina, Jaynee, Justine
Do you have a heart for missions? Join our sponsorship team and help disciple all the nations. View our Sponsor Us page to learn how.