ALMOST ONE MONTH IN
Week 4 of discipleship training school already?
It’s hard to believe just a few weeks ago we were praying for students’ visas and safe travels, and now we are preparing for our first outreach!
We will travel soon to the northeastern region of Thailand to work with one of the poorest people groups – the Isaan. The Isaan are beautiful people with huge hearts. Please pray they are open to hearing the love of Jesus who brings hope to all in every condition around the world.
I know the students will be ready to serve the people of Isaan. They have walked through a week of learning how to study the Bible and grow their intimacy with God through His Word. They spent a week learning how to hear God’s voice and act accordingly when he calls. Last week they listened to one of the founding members of YWAM talk about the nature and character of God. This week they are working on redemption and repentance along with the father heart of God.
We as staff have grown right alongside them and have stood with them as they have received revelation and realization of their value in God’s eyes. It is truly a blessing to witness this transformation.
Speaking of transformation, that happens to be the theme for our DTS. We believe God is molding and shaping these new disciples so they can realize their full potential and purpose in the Kingdom. It is awesome to see them realizing that they indeed do have a purpose and that each and every one of them is worthy of fulfilling it!
We have watched them let go of past heartaches and burdens and reach to new heights for God’s glory. We even enacted a “knighting” of one student to show him his great worth in God’s Kingdom!
PRAISE GOD FOR MANY THINGS!
- Our couple from Kenya arrived last week after many, many weeks of prayer and standing in faith that God would provide the finances they needed to reach Thailand. They sold all their belongings, including the family’s only two goats, to pay for their visas. In the last week before they arrived, two contributions were made and they were able to get their plane tickets. Now, they are praying in the support they need to cover the cost of the school.
- Wow! The miracles we have seen already in the lives of our students. When 12 students from 8 nations join together in prayer and worship, miracles are bound to happen. Students have received words from the Lord, healing both spiritually and physically, and a renewed strength in how they will serve God. I can’t wait to see what else God has in store. Four of our students come from very closed and unreached people groups: Kazakhstan, China, Uzbekistan, and Mongolia. I know they will be lights for their home countries when they finish DTS.
PRAYERS AND FINANCIAL NEEDS:
- As we travel to Isaan, please pray for safety and for the hope of Jesus to fall on open hearts. Thailand is in a state of political unrest as protesters are hoping for the current government to step down. Thailand in general needs your prayers, and we as a team do also.
- We will go on two more outreaches soon. One will be a one-week outreach. The other is a six-week outreach. Estimated costs for all three outreaches is about $3,500. Yikes! I never like looking at the bottom line when it comes to finances needed to go to the field, but so far, God has taken us where He wants us to go.
- EVEN SCARIER! – We need to return to the U.S. in May to attend Joseph’s college graduation and to renew our visas. So far, the cheapest plane tickets I have found will cost about $4,600. Our visas are another $600. If you can contribute any way toward this expense, we will be so grateful. As a mother, I do not want to miss this milestone in my son’s life. He has worked very hard and put himself through college, staying on the dean’s honor roll along the way. I want to be there to hug him and congratulate him on finishing well.
Speaking of our trip back to the States, we would love to visit as many people as we can. We would love to show one of Create International’s films for the unreached at your church or at any gathering.
TENTATIVE TRAVEL PLANS:
May 1 – Leave Chiang Mai and fly into Phoenix
May 4 or 5 – Drive from Phoenix to Oklahoma City. We would love to visit any churches in the Edmond/Moore/Norman areas, or along the way.
May 9 or 10 – Joseph’s graduation from the University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond.
May 14 or 15 – Travel through Cherokee and possibly parts of Kansas. We would love to visit our home churches, plan a video showing, or just get together to update you on our labors of love in Thailand.
May 16 or 17 – Travel to Arkansas to spend time with my dad and also to visit his church in Bella Vista. We are excited to open new doors in Bella Vista and share the work God is doing through Create International.
May 21 or 22 – Fly back to Chiang Mai. (Actually we will fly back to wherever our outreach team will be, but I’m not sure where that location will be just yet.)
We are so blessed to be serving in this way and appreciate your partnership in fulfilling the great commission.
God bless you!
Korina, Jaynee, Justine
P.S. We’ve updated our blog to an actual Web site. You can visit us anytime at http://www.jugglingfire.com.
Do you have a heart to serve Southeast Asia and the unreached? Please partner with us. Visit our Sponsor Us page or click on the “Donate” button at the right to send support today.